Bref Double is a French poetic form consisting of 3 quatrains and a final couplet, making 14 lines.
My first Bref Double is titled ‘You Can, You Will’. Each line is 8 syllables.
It follows the rhyme
Here are the rules for a Bref Double:
- 4 stanzas: 3 quatrains (or 4-line stanzas) and 1 couplet (or 2-line stanza)
- 3 rhymes: an A rhyme, B rhyme, and C rhyme
- The A and B rhymes appear twice in the first 3 stanzas and once each in the couplet
- The C rhyme is the final line in each of the quatrains
- Each poem has a variable line length, but the lines should be consistent within each poem
Picture credits: pixabay.com
Thank you for stopping by…Have a great day.